Exploring Twitter

 This week, I have begun exploring twitter. Part of that has been learning how to find the types of communities I want to engage in. So far, I have explored different hashtags, such as #instructionaldesign #edtech and #accessibility. I tried to focus on personal passions of mine as I worked through the Twittersphere. 

I found that by exploring different hashtags, users also interested in those topics were using them, or they were tagging users who engaged in those topics. Through the accessibility tag, I found a user posting about Lego Education, and how they create learning opportunities for students using legos. While this may not be directly related to my current line of work, I still found value in exploring legos in education. I think there may be some opportunities to create team building activities for adult learners in the right setting. 

In my twitter explorations, I was surprised by how easy it was to find users and hashtags that interested me. What other hashtags do you recommend for exploration?

Comments

  1. I recommend seeing what some of those accounts you followed or posted with those tags are following. You can build a nice list quickly there. Make use of bookmarks and lists too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copyright, Creativity, and Generation C

Pessimism in Reddit

Threads and X